NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER 2018. SEE HOW TO APPLY TAB FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Renaissance London (6 credit hours). This program introduces students to the literature and culture of Renaissance London. Students will attend 2-3 plays at Shakespeare's Globe and 1-2 plays at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre in Stratford-Upon-Avon. Our aim will be to study Shakespeare's plays in performance. Students will also visit some of the best galleries, museums, and libraries in the world as well as historic sites such as Westminster Abbey, the Tower of London, and St. Paul's Cathedral. Students read selected poetry and prose written in and about Renaissance London. David L. Orvis / English / firstname.lastname@example.org
ENG 4280 – Literary & Cultural Study Abroad – 6 credits
All students are strongly urged to attend a Faculty-led Study Abroad Financial Workshop prior to submitting the signed application to OiED. These workshops are held throughout the semester. We will answer your questions about program payment schedule, cancellation policy, financial aid and other funding sources, financial planning, and other related topics. ALL IN-PERSON WORKSHOPS WILL BE HELD IN THE PLEMMONS STUDENT UNION. Online and evening workshops are available on (TBD). For workshop dates and to register for a workshop, please click here.
Billable Program Cost: $ 3,832.03
Includes: in-country program transportation, lodging, international health and evacuation insurance, program events, most meals, and OIED/CCS administrative fee.
Estimated Additional Student Cost: $ 3,350.00
Estimated costs include but are not limited to: airfare ($1400), personal expenses ($300), and some meals ($150).
Undergraduate summer tuition for 2018 is estimated at $975 for 6 credits.
* Non-US citizens may need to apply for a visa before entering United Kingdom
** Tuition and fees for summer program are not included in this cost. Please go to this link
and scroll down to "Study Abroad Rates" to determine what tuition and fees you will be charged based on your individual status. Please note that summer tuition and fees are updated during the spring semester.
Appalachian reserves the right to cancel or alter the program format or to change costs in case of conditions beyond the university's control. Further details about Appalachian's withdrawal/cancellation policy can be found at this link.
||Submit with application
If you plan to use any form of financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships) to participate in a short-term, faculty-led education abroad program, we strongly recommend that you take the following steps before applying to the program:
- Complete your FAFSA for the academic year in which the program is offered. Please be mindful of Financial Aid deadlines!
- Visit the Office of Financial Aid's website at http://financialaid.appstate.edu/study-abroad. Read all the information carefully and print the Study Abroad Agreement Form for the appropriate term that you are requesting an increase in financial aid due to studying abroad.
- Go to the Office of Financial Aid on the second floor of the JET Building to discuss your financial aid eligibility with Kim Overcash or Laura Sullivan PRIOR to applying to the program.
The international component of this course will run from 07/09/2018 to 07/30/2018. This is a Second Summer program.
Four (4) meetings; dates and times TBD.
Dr. David Orvis
Associate Professor, Department of English
How to Apply
- CONTACT THE FACULTY DIRECTOR(S) TO DISCUSS THE PROGRAM
- SUBMIT YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION
- Log in to AppalNET/Banner Self-Service.
- Select the "Direct Link to Web Self-Service" using your AppState username and password.
- Select the Student Tab.
- Scroll down and click on the "Faculty-Led Study Abroad Application Packet*" link.
- Select the program-specific application form from the programs drop-down menu.
- Fill out, save, and submit the online application.
- PRINT, SIGN, AND DATE THE PAPER APPLICATION FORM
- PAY THE NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT
- Walk to the Office of Student Accounts, located on the 2nd floor of the John E. Thomas building.
- Give the name and term of your program to the Cashier who will look up the deposit charge on your account (e.g., Poland COM Summer 1).
- Pay the non-refundable deposit by check, cash, debit card, or money order. Please note that Student Accounts can no longer accept credit card payments in person, but they can take credit card payments online. Online credit and debit card payments are subject to a non-refundable 2.75% transaction fee.
- BRING YOUR SIGNED PAPER APPLICATION TO OIED
- Walk to the Office of International Education and Development (OIED), located on the 3rd floor of Plemmons Student
Union, Suite 321.
- OIED will make your enrollment official upon reception of your signed paper application and verification of deposit payment.
All students are strongly urged to attend a Faculty-led Study Abroad Financial Workshop prior to submitting the signed application to OiED. These workshops are held throughout the semester. We will answer your questions about program payment schedule, cancellation policy, financial aid and other funding sources, financial planning, and other related topics. ALL IN-PERSON WORKSHOPS WILL BE HELD IN THE PLEMMONS STUDENT UNION. Online and evening workshops are available on (TBD). For workshop dates and to register for a workshop, please click here
You will NOT be enrolled in the program until you have completed all 5 steps above.
You are strongly encouraged to share the information contained in the Faculty-Led Education Abroad Program Online Student Application Form with your family and loved ones (including the Student Handbook), before submitting your application.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION:
Programs are open until full. If a program is full, the Faculty-led Education Abroad Program online student application form for that program will be deactivated and you will no longer be able to apply. The application deadline is 03/15/2018 at the latest.
Appalachian reserves the right to cancel or alter the program format or to change costs in case of conditions beyond the university's control.