NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2017. SEE HOW TO APPLY TAB FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Sustainable Business In India: A look at some of Kolkata’s Practices
Learn sustainable business practices from India – a country rooted in traditions, rich in cultural heritage, sustainable practices, and resource optimization. This trip takes the students to Kolkata, in the state of West Bengal. Kolkata is located in the eastern part of India and is a city with a lot of character and charm.
The key takeaways from this program are (1) to introduce and familiarize students with novel entrepreneurial innovations erupting amidst a resource constraint environment of an emerging economy; (2) to recognize some sustainable business models and the marketplace in an emerging economy; and, (3) to get a glimpse of the Indian traditions and cultural mores.
Sustainable Business In India: A look at some of Kolkata’s Practices: BUS 3055 - 3 credits
All students are strongly urged to attend a Faculty-led Study Abroad Financial Workshop prior to submitting the signed application to OIED. These workshops are held throughout the semester. We will answer your questions about program payment schedule, cancellation policy, financial aid and other funding sources, financial planning, and other related topics. ALL WORKSHOPS WILL BE HELD IN THE PLEMMONS STUDENT UNION. Evening workshops are also available. For workshop dates and to register for a workshop, please click here.
Billable Program Cost: $ 4,134.45
Includes: airfare, in-country program transportation, lodging, international health and evacuation insurance, program events, all meals, and CCS administrative fee.
Estimated Additional Student Cost: $350
Estimated costs include but are not limited to: immunizations, personal expenses, and extra meals.
* US and Non-US citizens may need to apply for a visa before entering India
** Tuition and fees for Fall and Spring semester programs are included in your normal semester charges. Exact tuition charges are determined by a student’s status by semester and credits to date for their major. Please go to this link
to determine what tuition and fees you will be charged based on your individual status.
Appalachian reserves the right to cancel or alter the program format or to change costs in case of conditions beyond the university's control. Further details about Appalachian's withdrawal/cancellation policy can be found at this link.
||Submit with application
If you plan to use any form of financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships) to participate in a short-term, faculty-led education abroad program, we strongly recommend that you take the following steps before applying to the program:
- Complete your FAFSA for the academic year in which the program is offered. Please be mindful of Financial Aid deadlines!
- Visit the Office of Financial Aid's website at http://financialaid.appstate.edu/study-abroad. Read all the information carefully and print the Study Abroad Agreement Form for the appropriate term that you are requesting an increase in financial aid due to studying abroad.
- Go to the Office of Financial Aid on the second floor of the JET Building to discuss your financial aid eligibility with Kim Overcash or Laura Sullivan PRIOR to applying to the program.
The international component of this course will run from 1/2/2018 to 1/11/2018.
XX meetings; dates and times TBD.
XX meetings; dates and times TBD.
Dr. Neel Das
Associate Professor, Marketing Department
Dr. Lubna Nafees
Professor, Marketing Department
How to Apply
- CONTACT THE FACULTY DIRECTOR(S) TO DISCUSS THE PROGRAM
- SUBMIT YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION
- Log in to AppalNET/Banner Self-Service.
- Select the "Direct Link to Web Self-Service" using your AppState username and password.
- Select the Student Tab.
- Scroll down and click on the "Faculty-Led Study Abroad Application Packet*" link.
- Select the program-specific application form from the programs drop-down menu.
- Fill out, save, and submit the online application.
- PRINT, SIGN, AND DATE THE PAPER APPLICATION FORM
- PAY THE NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT
- Walk to the Office of Student Accounts, located on the 2nd floor of the John E. Thomas building.
- Give the name and term of your program to the Cashier who will look up the deposit charge on your account (e.g., Poland COM Summer 1).Pay the non-refundable deposit by check, cash, debit card, or money order. Please note that Student Accounts can no longer accept credit card payments in person, but they can take credit card payments online. Online credit and debit card payments are subject to a non-refundable 2.75% transaction fee.
- BRING YOUR SIGNED PAPER APPLICATION TO OIED
- Walk to the Office of International Education and Development (OIED), located on the 3rd floor of Plemmons Student
Union, Suite 321.
- OIED will make your enrollment official upon reception of your signed paper application and verification of deposit payment.
All students are strongly urged to attend a Faculty-led Study Abroad Financial Workshop prior to submitting the signed application to OIED. These workshops are held throughout the semester. We will answer your questions about program payment schedule, cancellation policy, financial aid and other funding sources, financial planning, and other related topics. ALL WORKSHOPS WILL BE HELD IN THE PLEMMONS STUDENT UNION. Evening workshops are also available. For workshop dates and to register for a workshop, please click here
You will NOT be enrolled in the program until you have completed all 5 steps above.
You are strongly encouraged to share the information contained in the Faculty-Led Education Abroad Program Online Student Application Form with your family and loved ones (including the Student Handbook), before submitting your application.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION:
Programs are open until full. If a program is full, the Faculty-led Education Abroad Program online student application form for that program will be deactivated and you will no longer be able to apply. The application deadline is 09/15/2017 but applications are accepted on a rolling basis so students are encouraged to apply early.
Appalachian reserves the right to cancel or alter the program format or to change costs in case of conditions beyond the university's control.