C'est la Vie: Applied Design in the City of Lights
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER 2018. SEE HOW TO APPLY TAB FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Paris / Belgium- Mitzi Cook/ ADM/ 262-2633/ firstname.lastname@example.org or Alex Poorman/ INT/ 262-7397 / email@example.com or Richard Elaver /IND/ 262-3110/ firstname.lastname@example.org.
This 28-day program will be based in Paris, France with additional excursions to industry and cultural sites in France and Belgium. Class lectures, workshops, and activities will focus on industrial design, apparel design, interior design concepts including design, branding, and merchandising topics such as the haute couture, historic costume, color theory and art/design movements, CAD technology innovations, cultural influences on design inspiration. The program starts and ends at Charles de Gaulle airport where students will fly independently. Tentative program dates: May 16 – June 12, 2018. Est. Cost $4738 + airfare & tuition.
ADM 3535 – Paris/Belgium: Part 1 – 3 credits
ADM 3536 – Paris/Belgium: Part 2 – 3 credits
All students are strongly urged to attend a Faculty-led Study Abroad Financial Workshop prior to submitting the signed application to OIED. These workshops are held throughout the semester. We will answer your questions about program payment schedule, cancellation policy, financial aid and other funding sources, financial planning, and other related topics. ALL WORKSHOPS WILL BE HELD IN THE PLEMMONS STUDENT UNION. Evening workshops are also available. For workshop dates and to register for a workshop, please click here.
Billable Program Cost: $ 4,738.71. (Summer tuition not included. See below for estimate.)
Includes: in-country program transportation, lodging, international health and evacuation insurance, program events, some meals, and OIED/CCS administrative fee.
Estimated Additional Student Cost: $ 2,834.00
Estimated costs include but are not limited to: airfare ($1,200), personal expenses ($500), and most meals ($1,134).
Undergraduate summer tuition for 2018 is estimated at $975 for 6 credits.
* Non-US citizens may need to apply for a visa before entering France and Belgium
** Tuition and fees for summer program are not included in this cost. Please go to this link
and scroll down to "Study Abroad Rates" to determine what tuition and fees you will be charged based on your individual status. Please note that summer tuition and fees are updated during the spring semester.
Appalachian reserves the right to cancel or alter the program format or to change costs in case of conditions beyond the university's control. Further details about Appalachian's withdrawal/cancellation policy can be found at this link.
||Submit with application
If you plan to use any form of financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships) to participate in a short-term, faculty-led education abroad program, we strongly recommend that you take the following steps before applying to the program:
- Complete your FAFSA for the academic year in which the program is offered. Please be mindful of Financial Aid deadlines!
- Visit the Office of Financial Aid's website at http://financialaid.appstate.edu/study-abroad. Read all the information carefully and print the Study Abroad Agreement Form for the appropriate term that you are requesting an increase in financial aid due to studying abroad.
- Go to the Office of Financial Aid on the second floor of the JET Building to discuss your financial aid eligibility with Kim Overcash or Laura Sullivan PRIOR to applying to the program.
The international component of this course will run from 05/16/18 to 6/12/18. Program begins at Charles De Gaulle Airport on Wednesday, May 16, 2018.
Three or four meetings in the spring; dates and times TBD.
Assistant Professor, Apparel Design and Merchandising
Department of Applied Design
Associate Professor, Interior Design
Department of Applied Design
Associate Professor, Industrial Design
Department of Applied Design
How to Apply
- CONTACT THE FACULTY DIRECTOR(S) TO DISCUSS THE PROGRAM
- SUBMIT YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION
- Log in to AppalNET/Banner Self-Service.
- Select the "Direct Link to Web Self-Service" using your AppState username and password.
- Select the Student Tab.
- Scroll down and click on the "Faculty-Led Study Abroad Application Packet*" link.
- Select the program-specific application form from the programs drop-down menu.
- Fill out, save, and submit the online application.
- PRINT, SIGN, AND DATE THE PAPER APPLICATION FORM
- PAY THE NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT
- Walk to the Office of Student Accounts, located on the 2nd floor of the John E. Thomas building.
- Give the name and term of your program to the Cashier who will look up the deposit charge on your account (e.g., Poland COM Summer 1).
- Pay the non-refundable deposit by check, cash, credit card, or money order.
- BRING YOUR SIGNED PAPER APPLICATION TO OIED
- Walk to the Office of International Education and Development (OIED), located on the 3rd floor of Plemmons Student
Union, Suite 321.
- OIED will make your enrollment official upon reception of your signed paper application and verification of deposit payment.
All students are strongly urged to attend a Faculty-led Study Abroad Financial Workshop prior to submitting the signed application to OIED. These workshops are held throughout the semester. We will answer your questions about program payment schedule, cancellation policy, financial aid and other funding sources, financial planning, and other related topics. ALL WORKSHOPS WILL BE HELD IN THE PLEMMONS STUDENT UNION. Evening workshops are also available. For workshop dates and to register for a workshop, please click here
You will NOT be enrolled in the program until you have completed all 5 steps above.
You are strongly encouraged to share the information contained in the Faculty-Led Education Abroad Program Online Student Application Form with your family and loved ones (including the Student Handbook), before submitting your application.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION:
Programs are open until full. If a program is full, the Faculty-led Education Abroad Program online student application form for that program will be deactivated and you will no longer be able to apply. The application deadline is 03/15/2018 at the latest.
Appalachian reserves the right to cancel or alter the program format or to change costs in case of conditions beyond the university's control.